The reason for the sudden ‘amnesia’ when you’re having relationship issues is because I believe there is a direct link between heart, focus and gut.
This is a phenomenon known as ‘The Heart Drainer’.
Before I go into explaining this it is important for you to understand when you have experienced The Heart Drainer in your life. Believe me, we all have.
Think back to the first time you were heartbroken. The first time your first love left you. That feeling of gut-wrenching loss. Like you would never love again. The pain was so unbearable that it was impossible to focus on anything else.
Can you recall it?
For some of you, it will be too painful even now to ‘go there’. Don’t worry I am not going to ask you to stay there, I just want you to recall it and how it made you feel.
Here is what was happening in that moment:
1. You experienced a low vibe feeling – hurt, excruciating pain, disappointment, confusion and possibly even anger.
2. This caused your heart to tear (metaphorically) – the heart is a muscle, so a broken heart is one of the most excruciatingly painful experiences. It’s 100x more painful and debilitating than a broken leg. In fact, to put it into context let’s imagine what would happen if you broke your leg – how would that impact your productivity? Massively, right.
3. The ‘heart hole’ drains all the energy out of you. It consumes all your effort and focus. One of my mentors Melanie Anne Layer once described it as a bath with no plug in it and the water just keeps draining. Or it feels like you are swimming uphill against the tide and all the effort you are putting in is not getting you anywhere. You are exhausted and seem to be going backwards. All the things you were doing before to be successful don’t seem to be working for you. Hole in the Heart = constant drain.
4. A broken heart impacts you emotionally and we know that all our decisions are made, not from fact, but feelings i.e. our emotions. So, whether we like it or not, our emotional fragility will lead to us making bad decisions.
5. If your heart muscle is broken, most of us feel a ‘low vibe’, before we become conscious of it. The law of attraction states that you attract what you are, therefore, if you are feeling a low vibe, guess what you will attract? You guessed it, low vibe things in your life. Ever wondered why when you are having a bad day, everything that can go wrong, does go wrong!? And everyone around you is also having a bad day? It is like you are attracting all the shit. We’ve all been there right!? Well, what is happening at that point of time is that your heart has been programmed because of all your past (unconscious) experiences.
So if you are focused (consciously and unconsciously) on the sadness, sorrow, loss, confusion, low vibe emotions of your broken heart, this in turn attracts the same vibe.
(By the way, if all the above sounds a bit ‘woowoo’ then check out the science-backed work of Deepak Chopra – he goes into this in a lot more detail. If you haven’t studied his work, check it out.)
Think about it like this, when you are having a good day it seems like everyone around you is also having the same experience and everything just has a way of going right. Put simply, the Law of Attraction states that you magnetize what you are. Therefore if you are heartbroken then you attract more heartbreak.
On this basis, if all our decisions are made based on feelings, heartbreak impacts our ability to focus with clarity and clouds the ability of our gut instinct to make ‘gut decisions’. We are never going to make the right decision in this state!
So, now that you are aware of the above, let’s look at the process of productivity.
Productivity is a Formula.
But, before I reveal it, it is important to understand the relationship of the moving parts of this formula.
I like to explain this with the analogy of a row of dominos.