In this article, I am going to discuss the BEAST known as ‘The Entrepreneur’.
This Beast is so unique to any other man. I actually only discovered this when I realised that my man was very different from my friend’s husbands who weren’t entrepreneurial.
I want you to know there is no judgment here. There is no wrong or right, just facts.
My friends who were married to men who worked for others didn’t have the same traits, which I will discuss later. The characters of the beast.
Slowly, as you will probably experience, our friend circles started to evolve to more entrepreneurial couples and I worked more and more with male entrepreneurs. It was then that these traits started to become apparent.
So why is it important to understand the characteristics of the beast?
What is the point?
Well, when you can fully understand these traits, it is from this observation that you can strategize intellectually. You can lead with insights into your behavior and its impact on you and your relationship. Finally allowing you to resolve, reset and review.
Let’s dive straight into what these characteristics are:
1. Tenacity and focus – the ability to believe in the impossible and do what it takes to make it work, even when everyone else around you doesn’t believe it is possible.
The light side – is achieving results against all odds.
Dark side – not knowing when to give up and spending a lot of energy and effort that can be directed towards more fruitful results.
2. Obsessive attention to order – having to have order in certain areas of their environment. This could manifest as having to have all the same hangers for your shirts and them being colour coordinated, or having to unpack the moment you step in the home from traveling.
The light side – is action action action – things get done.
Darkside – unable to let go if it isn’t perfectly in order creating inflexibility. Which can literally cause anxiety in their bodies.
3. Hyperspeed brain – often unable to hear a full sentence without interrupting or completing sentences because of their ability to reach their endpoint of the message much faster than others.
Lightside – reaching conclusions in record time.
Dark side – often makes assumptions based on their frame of the world, resulting in the other person feeling unheard and a breakdown in rapport and relationship building.
4. Misunderstood as alluff – because the way their brains work means they struggle to see different perspectives unless it is from a credible source.
Light side – they cant; be derailed easily.
Darkside – can be isolating leaving them feeling lonely.
5. Generosity – when they see potential they will help people above and beyond because they understand relationship equity and the law of reciprocity.
Light side – often pays off in energy exchange of love, loyalty, or money.
Dark side – they can be taken advantage of.
You will have noticed I have noted the light and dark side of the beast characteristics.
This concept first came to me when I started working and surrounding myself with successful entrepreneurs like my husband.